Now, you would think with Avery in the NICU Justin and I would have gotten a decent nights sleep. It was around 4a.m. by the time they took me to my post room. In the meantime Justin had been in the NICU with Avery. Once we got to our room and finally in bed the night didn't end. My nurse had to come in and check on me every 15-20 because of my increased risk or hemorrhaging and blood clots. It seemed like I would finally doze off and in she came. Our first visitor came around 9 am. Stephanie Latimer. She had one surgery to work then came down to visit on her way out. Unfortunately, I was pretty sick. I just kept throwing up. Luckily, Steph is a nurse and was there to help me because Justin was not coming close. Wimp! Thanks Steph! Soon after one of the nurses came in and said Avery's blood glucose was still up and down, but they still wanted me to go try breastfeeding once I could sit up with out getting dizzy. It wasn't until around 5 I was actually able to go into the NICU and hold my baby girl. She was terrible at breastfeeding. Heck, if I was hooked up to an IV I guess i wouldn't want to work for my food either. After checking her glucose levels every half hour if they leveled out after I fed her 3 times then she could come into my room. Needless to say we kinda cheated. Avery's NICU nurse was one of her former instructors at CSI. At 10:30 they brought her into my room. YAY!!! We finally got to hold her without all the cords. Now everyone else could hold her also.
Another late night again. Everyone went to our house and spent the night so they could come back and visit more Sunday.












No comments:
Post a Comment